The market has been operating in Usk for over 21 years and has only missed 4 scheduled dates during the foot and mouth epidemic of 2001. Otherwise, come floods, storms and blizzards, there has been a market on every first and third Saturday of each month. The problem with the current pandemic is the market is designed to bring customers and producers into close contact, which is, fundamentally, a bad idea in the current circumstances. A new approach, of holding the market outdoors in the car park adjacent to the Memorial Hall, has been adopted. This is designed to maintain the supply of market products to Usk and to support producers whilst doing our utmost to avoid spreading the virus. We hope that we can keep going with this arrangement until such a time when there is no longer a risk of infection and, once again, we can enjoy our mutual company.
The latest Government Guidelines on Corona Virus restrctions..
The following procedures are being adopted to reduce risks as far as possible. ( pre-order collection only April 1st -July 4th, threafter, order collection and direct sales).
- To protect our customers and our producers, Usk Farmers' Market will not continue in its traditional form until further notice.
- The market will operate in the car park adjacent to the Memorial Hall on the first and third Saturday each month from 9.00am to 10.30 am.
- Orders can be placed prior to each market using the website or directly with individual producers.
- Customers will need to create an account to enable online ordering on the market website.
- Please see the list at the foot of this page where orders can be placed. Some producers have alternative arrangements for collecting orders and a list of producers attending each market is published in the week preceding each market.
- The use of cash or card payments is highly not recomeneded.
- Customers and Producers must keep two-metres apart throughout the visit to the market.
- Face masks are recomended to be worn during a visit to the market (customers and stallholders)
- We recommend the following action on arrival at the Memorial Hall Car
- Producers vehicles will be spaced out around the perimeter of the car park.
- There will be a clockwise flow of traffic with each customer displaying a clear sign of who they are so that producers can identify the relevant order.
- Customers are advised to open their boots on arrival in order for the producer to place the
products directly into the car.
- There will be pedestrian customers. Great care must be taken for their safety with a slow and patient clockwise progression around the car park.
- The exchange with walking customers must be conducted so that a 2m clearance is maintained throughout.
- Please close your boot before leaving the car park.
- Eah producer will provide a table where orders can be placed after the customer has identified themselves. The 2m clearance must be observed throughout e procedure.
- Customers opting to select and buy products at the market must not handle items when selecting.
- The are QR posters at various locations around the market which can be scanned using the NHS app on mobile phones. This automatically list you as a visitor to the market to help in the event that tracing is required.
- If you need to contact the market for information or advice please use the contact form at this link.
Orders placed on the web site are forwarded to individual stallholders who will arrange payment and either bring to Usk or use the alternatives listed..
- Tom Llewellin
- Penrhiw Farm Organic Meats
- Black Mountains Smokery Black Mountain Smokery is on lockdown and not able to come to Usk. \for alternative please contact Johnathan 01873811566, firstname.lastname@example.org or for mail order collection/delivery
- Creative Food
- The Angel Bakery
- Little Mill Natural Products
- Welsh Farmhouse Apple Juice
- Humble Bee Beauty
- Smart's Traditional Gloucester Cheese
- Onllwyn Eggs
- Whitebrook Organic Growers
- Shepherds Ice Cream
- Brecon Brewery
- Food for Thought Tilly will post orders
- Trealy Farm Charcuterie Products can be collected at the premises/
- Pauls Organic Vegetables Currently not attending Usk Farmers' Market. Veg boxes are available.
- Penriw Farm Organic Meats
- Little Green Refills will deliver orders to Usk
- Lewis Loppers and Loggers
Details of the next market October 17th 2020